Rob Lahaye wrote:

> While compiling CVS OpenDX, I encountered the following strange warnings:

And a few more, I overlooked in the previous email:

1) mktemp() vs. mkstemp():

   src/uipp/base/Strings.C:
       warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
   src/uipp/base/help.c:
       warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
   src/exec/libdx/lock.c:
       warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()

   The manpages of mktemp and mkstemp are very clear on this.
   FreeBSD: "... Whenever it is possible, mkstemp() should be used
             instead, since it does not have the race condition...."
   Linux: "Never use mktemp()."

2) Possibly bison related warnings (I'm using bison 1.30):

  local.mk:11: warning: overriding commands for target `.y.c'
  Makefile:231: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.y.c'
  local.mk:11: warning: overriding commands for target `.y.c'
  Makefile:231: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.y.c'
  loader.c:621: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
  "./net.lex", line 250: warning, rule cannot be matched
  "./net.lex", line 251: warning, rule cannot be matched

Regards,
Rob.