Yes, it would be nice to test the tarball to make sure it
does compile on MacOS 10.2.6. I had some problems with the
libtool branch and it would be nice to make sure
they all get resolved (probably problems with my environment
rather than the code, but worth checking).
I would be willing to give it a try the build again.

Richard

I'm not sure what the process is for making a release tarball, but
there is one job I might like to volunteer for.  If the process
involves making a "candidate" tarball prior to giving
an official blessing, then I would take that tarball and use it
(on one computer) a little in order to ensure that all the ui
stuff is as expected.  ...or maybe no tarball is so pretentious
as to assume that it's the one-and-only.

Martin