The 4.3.0 tarball installation worked like a charm on my MacOS 10.2.6 dual 1.25Ghz G4.
Very smooth (as long as I remembered to set CPP properly in the shell).
The compile did pause at zclipQ.c at least a few minutes, but no longer
than 30min (I was out of the office, unsure how long it paused). The
total compile took 45 min.

OpenDX 4.3.0 runs fine on a few of my small test nests except I get
"unknown error code:invalid drawable" whenever I close an image window.
(using either the window x botton or the close pulldown. Both hardware and
software rendering have this problem).
It's not really a problem, just an annoyance.

Richard