Gerard Freriks wrote:
> Okay Ognian.
>
> Let us settle for your point of view and agree.
>
> In the mean time you all know that it is, has to be true.
> The railway and locomotive,
> the steam engine in ships,
> the telephone,
> the fax,
> the PC,
> Internet,
> the printed book or newspaper,
> and many more things were paradigm shifts,
> were revolutions, that changed society.
>
> And EN13606 and openEHR will be the same.
> It is 'disruptive technology'.
> It is ' creative destruction'.
Hi there,

I had decided not to respond to this thread but the most recent posts by 
Gerard & Ogi has lit my fire!

Well regarding "red flags" I agree totally and want to remind you that 
nearly all revolutions had been "bloody" ; meaning has some component of 
"redness" :)

Also on the matter of "disruptive/creative" nature of it, I totally 
agree with Gerard because pure "creative" changes are usually not 
observed without "disrupting" some other thing. I want to give you a sad 
example from my country: in 1999 we had a terrible earthquake in the 
most populated and industrial area or Turkey...Before that there were 
many junky settlements of poor workers who built their own 
"one-nite-homes" on government property with no planning or 
infrastructure. Of course most of the casualties were from those places. 
Nearly 70,000 died and maybe more. The point is, now all the region is 
clean, has modern buildings and good infrastructure - clearly better 
than before. From a humanistic point of view I wish good things had 
happened before the disaster but I guess this is human nature against 
humans! So let's see what happens in openEHR space - but we definitely 
need real big implementations.

As one last comment, I guess openEHR has to seek getting some strong 
allies from existing "Matrix" before sending out these "revolution 
spells" as making a war too early or not so strong  may result in defeat 
:D And the strongest enemy is not current technology or vendors' 
implementation but "ignorance". The decision makers don't even care to 
understand the fundamental problems of the domain and have to be 
forcibly educated!

Best regards,

Koray Atalag, M.D.
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical



Reply via email to