We did briefly talk about whether a DICOM SR report should be allowed as a final
report format to an EHR system. I don't think that it should be - that
it's not suitable
for this use. It's more for internal use in the PACS/RIS environment.
Do you disagree?

I guess the SR format speaks to the structured details part - we
should at least
align with it's capabilities. Sigh... I'll get around to reviewing them

Grahame


On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Graham Denyer <Graham.Denyer at aad.gov.au> 
wrote:
> Hi Heather et al
>
> You may well have already done so, but if not you should check out the 
> structured reporting extension to the DICOM standard:
>
> ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2008
> -Part 3: SR SOP Classes (Section A.35), SR Modules (Section C.17)
> -Part 16: Templates (Annex A)
>
> There is a very nice overview here:
> http://www.pixelmed.com/srbook.html
>
> Graham
>
> _________________
> Dr Graham Denyer FACRRM
> Medical Officer
> Polar Medicine Unit
> Australian Antarctic Division
> 203 Channel Highway
> Kingston TAS 7050
> Ph. +61 3 6232 3303
> Mob. +61 419 123 038
>
>
>
>
> From: openehr-clinical-bounces at openehr.org 
> [mailto:openehr-clinical-bounces at openehr.org] On Behalf Of Heather Leslie
> Sent: Tuesday, 18 January 2011 4:49 PM
> To: For openEHR clinical discussions
> Cc: Grahame Grieve
> Subject: Re: Imaging Exam Archetype [SEC=Unclassified]
>
> FYI - I've attached the latest working draft of the archetype following 
> today's discussions...
>
> Cheers
>
> Heather
>
> On 18/01/2011 3:48 PM, Grahame Grieve wrote:
> hi Ian (and others)
>
> I spent some time today working on the imaging exam
> archetype with Heather. We had some questions about
> the Finding Details section, and Heather thought that
> you are responsible for this part. And that part certainly
> leaves me confused.
>
> There is a part called Detailed findings. In it, there is
>
> Finding name: Text
> ?The name of the finding e.g Chest, heart or bones for a Chest x-ray.
> Finding: Text
> ?Brief description, often coded, of an individual finding from an
> imaging procedure e.g. '2cm node in left upper lobe'.
> Finding description: Text
> ?A narrative, detailed description of each individual finding
>
> (note for other readers, this version of the archetype is
> in preparation, and isn't posted to the CKM)
>
> I don't know what the intent is here. Howe do you differentiate
> between these, and know
> how to use them consistently?
>
> In fact, I wasn't exactly sure what "detailed findings" is exactly
> meant to be - the
> term isn't really defined. I assumed it was for some structured
> representation of
> the contents of the narrative, presumably to support some kind of synoptic
> reporting? I'd add at least a Finding Value : ANY so that proper synoptic
> reports would be possible.
>
> Heather and I thought that some examples might help have a productive
> discussion.
> This is some of the things I thought might be useful to say in a coded way
> using snomed + values
>
> LMP: [value in months]
> size of (uterus, placenta, foetus): [value in mm]
> [Snomed Concept 84138006: Collapse of vertebra]
> 246120007: Nodule size = [20mm]
> 422005008: Ferucarbotran (product)
>
> That'll probably do to start us off. If no one claims reponsibility or
> defends this
> model, I'll suggest that we have just code | value following the classic HL7
> model. It's certainly got it's problems, but at least they are well 
> understood,
> and the openEHR model would match the HL7 v2/v3 models of the same
>
> Grahame
>
> p.s. I tried to code exactly "2cm node in left upper lobe", but snomed
> isn't vague
> ?in those ways
> _______________________________________________
> openEHR-clinical mailing list
> openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
> http://lists.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical
>
>
> --
> Dr Heather Leslie
> MBBS FRACGP FACHI
> Director of Clinical Modelling
> Ocean Informatics
> Phone (Aust) +61 (0)418 966 670
> Skype - heatherleslie
> Twitter - @omowizard
> ___________________________________________________________________________
>
> ? ?Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
> IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are 
> not the
> intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this 
> communication is
> strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this 
> transmission in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 
> 3209 and
> DELETE the message.
> ? ? ? ?Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/
> ___________________________________________________________________________
>
> _______________________________________________
> openEHR-clinical mailing list
> openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
> http://lists.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical
>



-- 
-------------
Grahame Grieve, Health Intersections Pty Ltd.
grahame at healthintersections.com.au | http://www.healthintersections.com.au


Reply via email to