Hello all,

I can announce (we just got the confirmation for the funding last week)
that the Universidad Polit?cnica de Valencia (UPV) in collaboration with
the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) will organise a 20 hours
workshop about CEN/ISO 13606 next June/July at Belo Horizonte, in Brazil.
There are still many details to be decided, but I think it can be of
interest for many people in that region (the workshop will be in Spanish).

UPV has already given 5 courses about 13606 in Spain and 2 in Dublin and I
completely agree with the general feeling. It is very complicated to find a
balance between the technical and the clinical details for an heterogeneous
group (which is the usual case), but at the end then is when we learn more,
by sharing views from clinical and technical attendants. I also agree that
some kind of adaptation is needed for each case, but I don't think this is
a big problem. Most of the course topics can usually be maintained.

Apart from these activities of UPV, I'm currently the chair of the
Education Committee at the EN 13606 Association. One of the objectives of
the Association is to provide training and develop a certification process
for competences on the use of the norm. It is clear that these activities
have a great overlap with those related to openEHR, and we should work for
an alignment here (as for the specifications themselves :-). Probably, the
competences for a CEN/ISO 13606 user/implementer and for an openEHR
user/implementer are more than 75% the same. My intention is to present a
Training and Certification Plan for CEN/ISO 13606 at the Association
General Assembly next February in Seville. All of you are invited to
participate in any of these activities and I will be happy to share and
discuss our approach in this topic.

Regards,
David