Hi,


IHTSDO has recently released their (non-academic) report ?Building the Business 
Case for SNOMED CT? which also includes a number of case studies in Appendix A. 
I believe that something similar would be useful for openEHR. The report is 
linked from 
http://www.ihtsdo.org/news-articles/building-the-business-case-for-snomed-ct .



                             Regards

                             Mikael


From: openEHR-clinical [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Talmon (CRISP)
Sent: den 11 mars 2015 21:43
To: For openEHR clinical discussions
Subject: Re: openEHR-clinical Digest, Vol 35, Issue 7

I think there are other venues where success stories are useful. What could be 
useful is a Case report paper demonstrating the added value of the OpenEHR 
approach (e.g. refuse of resources like archetypes, etc). We have had a few 
papers taking 13606 as a starting point. I know there are journals that are 
open for such contributions. We have had a few papers taking 13606 as a 
starting point.  I haven?t seen many of the OpenEHR community being active at 
e.g. the implementation mailing list of AMIA (but that requires membership of 
AMIA). Getting out the message in the American hemisphere is also useful.


Regards

Jan

On 11 mrt. 2015, at 19:58, Ian McNicoll <ian at freshehr.com<mailto:ian at 
freshehr.com>> wrote:

Thanks Martin

Can I ask other openEHR vendors to equally report on successful deployments 
both here and by updating the web page that Thomas pointed to?

William has a point that openEHR has been guilty of hiding its successful 
evolution from research to implementation. I know of a number of other projects 
that have been deployed or are near to doing so.

Implementers -we need you to tell us of your success.

Ian
On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 at 18:40, Martin van der Meer <martin at 
code24.nl<mailto:martin at code24.nl>> wrote:
Hello William,

The mental institutes GGZ Friesland, GGZ Noord-Holland-Noord and GGZ Drenthe 
are all customers of Code24 where our openEHR based solutions are extensively 
used in their production environment. At site GGZ Friesland an openEHR server 
cluster is operational with more than 7 million openEHR objects.

I would suggest we meet up in the near future to talk further about these real 
world implementations. Of course a site visit at one or more of our customers 
is also possible.

Best regards, Martin

On 11 March 2015 at 18:01, Thomas Beale <thomas.beale at 
oceaninformatics.com<mailto:thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com>> wrote:
On 11/03/2015 16:33, WILLIAM R4C wrote:

Dear Tom,



Thanks for your comments.



It is getting a long tail, so I will break it down in small pieces.



Glad we agree on the need for binding to ontologies.

I see no need to wait for BFO 2.0 where 1.0 is available.

well, the ontology specialists, including Stefan Schultz and Barry Smith say 
otherwise. There are issues that need to be solved specifically germane to 
ontology use in SemanticHeathNet, that BFO 2 should solve. But BFO2 is just one 
element. As you know, the ontology side of things also potentially involves 
OGMS, IAO, and other things that all need work internally, and for which 
integrations with DCMs are only just being understood.



Our model challenge will be exactly to handle such differences of different 
ontologies all the time.



Glad we agree on GCM being helpful in analysis.

well I don't - I don't see what use it is. I was saying just the opposite.



My point of no EHR implementations is supported again by your answer. Yes there 
are many CKM instances and archetype developing projects.



I followed your link to who is using...



I SEE NO REFERENCE to a hospital I can visit running an EHR using archetypes. 
Similarly No GP or No nursing system in your list. It all seem to be pilots and 
trials or systems with viewers and partial functionality.



Please see this page - 
http://www.openehr.org/who_is_using_openehr/healthcare_providers_and_authorities

The second column is the name of the hospital, health authority, or other 
provider that is using an openEHR system. The only entries on this page are 
real contracted systems, no demonstrations.

Row 1 happens to mention 140 hospitals. Row 2 mentions 50 GP sites. If you 
don't want to visit Australia, fair enough...

  *   Most hospitals in Norway now have openEHR in some form, via DIPS Arena.
  *   Ljubljana Medical Centre is the Marand Think!EHR system, fully openEHR.
  *   Slovenia's national e-health network is openEHR
  *   Moscow's health record system is openEHR (recently transitioned from 
pilot to production project)
  *   Code24 has systems in Netherlands and I think in Romania.
  *   etc
Hopefully this is clear now.
- thomas

_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at lists.openehr.org<mailto:openEHR-clinical at 
lists.openehr.org>
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at lists.openehr.org<mailto:openEHR-clinical at 
lists.openehr.org>
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at lists.openehr.org<mailto:openEHR-clinical at 
lists.openehr.org>
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://lists.openehr.org/pipermail/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org/attachments/20150312/99f6fae6/attachment-0001.html>

Reply via email to