Hi! I would like to encourage following Jareds advice!

One of the best ways to increase rep scores would probably be to re-post
some of the good queries from the openehr/Area51-alpha/beta phase to
http://stackoverflow.com/ and as poster or as a community answer them
following the advice posted in
https://blog.stackexchange.com/2011/07/its-ok-to-ask-and-answer-your-own-questions/


Having some openEHR Q&A and "openehr" tag at Stack Overflow will be good no
matter if we get a stackexchange site of our own or not.

What we would need is for somebody with rep score over 1500 at Stack
Overflow to add the tag "openehr"to stack exchange. At least the top three
comitted openEHR-users...

   - Peter Turner <http://area51.stackexchange.com/users/19771/peter-turner>
   - Adrien Be <http://area51.stackexchange.com/users/100219/adrien-be>
   - Lisa <http://area51.stackexchange.com/users/39988/lisa>

...seem to fulfil that criteria.

Best regards,
Erik Sundvall
Ph.D. Medical Informatics. Information Architect. Tel: +46-72-524 54 55 (or
010-1036252 in Sweden)
Region Östergötland: [email protected] (previously lio.se)
http://www.regionostergotland.se/cmit/
Linköping University: [email protected], http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/


On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Jared Latiolais <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> While I've been following some of the openEHR lists for at least a year,
> this is my first post.
>
> After putting it off for years, I recently took the opportunity to sign up
> for StackExchange, and I've been using the sites some.  If you can give a
> few good answers, I don't think that it is too hard to get to 200, but I
> think it is just hard enough that you have to be serious about it to get
> there.  Having said that, I am not so sure that the openEHR proposal will
> make it, and even if it does make it to the private beta, I am not sure if
> the community is big/active enough to pass that part (though maybe I just
> don't follow the hottest lists here?).  If there aren't at least a few
> questions being both asked and answered each day (I think 10 is considered
> a healthy number), then the community will not be considered active enough
> to keep the site up.  I thought I would mention that many people have
> followed the proposal, but have yet to come back and commit
> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/87508/openehr?referrer=PqoY02J2FEIPC4BojQudOA2
>  to
> it.
> As a solution, I wanted to suggest that people throw support behind the
> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/85160/healthcare-it?referrer=PqoY02J2FEIkTnCqLW7Eyw2
>  Healthcare
> IT proposal.  I see that some of you already have.  This proposal should
> attract more people with more varied interests, making the community more
> robust.  They already have at least ~25 200+ followers, versus the 8 200+
> committers in the openEHR proposal.  If the openEHR crowd joins in, you
> will probably have the numbers to be a driving force when it comes
> to determining how the community develops, if it ever does.   I can already
> see that about half of the questions there are from openEHR people.  And,
> if the proposal is successful, it might also be a nice opportunity to
> passively evangelize, since people in healthcare, who may not be familiar
> with openEHR, would ultimately see all of the questions you ask.
>
> I agree, I think people should continue to use stackoverflow.  As
> you do so, this can also help the proposal move forward (as users gain
> reputation), even if some of the questions asked are greeted with some
> hostility and/or closed, because this will just help to show that you
> actually do need your own StackExchange site.  Make sure you upvote good
> openEHR-related questions and answers, as this will help your fellow
> committers gain the 200 reputation they need for the proposal.  I think
> that 1500 is within reach if we are actually voting on relevant
> openEHR-related questions and answers that truly deserve our votes.  If the
> openEHR or healthcare IT proposal actually does progress, we are expected
> to have users who are active enough that they reach very high reputation
> numbers.
> Having said that, I am not recommending that anyone try to game the system
> (because this is not only bad, but they tend to notice this: if, for
> example, in one day, you up vote all of the answers that Pablo Pazos has
> ever posted, the site will see this and your votes will probably be
> reversed), but I have just noticed that there are some good openEHR answers
> and questions that haven't received many votes.
>
> Another thing to note is that, and this may have changed, but at one
> point, I read that if you commit to a proposal, the amount of "commitment
> juice" that you add to that proposal diminishes if 6 months pass since you
> committed.  You can reset that clock if you just visit the proposal page
> again.  If we are serious about having a StackExchange site, we should
> probably be visiting and using the site anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jared Latiolais
>
> ------------------------------
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:23:57 +0200
> Subject: Re: openEHR@ StackExchange - update
> To: [email protected]
> CC: [email protected]
>
>
> By the way, even if we don't get a "private" openEHR space we can always
> keep using stackoverflow with the correct tags, and that means creating a
> new "openEHR" tag. For creating a new tag, 1500 reputation is needed in
> stackoverflow (which is a lot). I suggest we create the "openEHR" tag and
> correct the already asked questions to change the "hl7" to "openEHR" tag.
>
> Regards
>
> 2015-06-19 20:18 GMT+02:00 Thomas Beale <[email protected]
> >:
>
>
> To succeed with openehr.StackExchange.com, the committers phase needs 200
> total. We particularly *need people who want to ask questions* to commit (do
> it here <http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/87508/openehr>).
>
> Secondly, 50% of those committers need 200+ reputation on any other
> StackExchange site. You can see all the sites here
> <http://stackexchange.com/sites>.
>
>    - For IT devs and other techies, geek docs etc,  I recommend you make
>    sure you are always logged in when using StackOverflow, ServerFault etc
>    which you probably already do - just be a bit more active in commenting,
>    asking questions etc, and you'll get 20 rep in no time
>    - For clinical people, and other non-IT, consider joining another
>    StackExchange site (Physics, Homebrewing, Tor, Community Building,
>    Lifehacks, ....) and start posting questions and answers. I joined a few -
>    it is actually worth it to learn how StackExchange works.
>
> Let's give it a proper go before giving in and looking elsewhere for a way
> to do openEHR Q&A!
>
> - thomas
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openEHR-technical mailing list
> [email protected]
>
> http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-technical_lists.openehr.org
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ openEHR-clinical mailing
> list [email protected]
> http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> openEHR-clinical mailing list
> [email protected]
>
> http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org
>
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

Reply via email to