is there a kindle version

--

王海生
15901958021



At 2015-09-07 16:17:51, "Rikard Lövström" <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you, Thomas, this looks very promising. I have placed an order so now I 
am waiting :-) Very considerate of you, many thanks. Kind regards, Rikard




2015-09-07 3:26 GMT+02:00 Thomas Beale <[email protected]>:


A new book, Building Ontologies with Basic Formal Ontology (BFO2) has been 
published by Robert Arp, Barry Smith and Andrew Spear.

Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk

I've read a pre-print, and this is an excellent book. Many of us here have 
studied or used some of the key upper level ontologies (BFO, BioTopLite etc), 
and I think BFO2 will probably end up being the one of choice for general 
biomedicine. It contains all the concepts from Barry Smith's earlier work (SNAP 
and SPAN - spatial and temporal regions, partonomy concepts etc) and will 
ultimately (I have been told) contain/be merged with a new version of the 
Information Artefact Ontology (IAO) which will probably become the upper level 
ontology for describing types of information that stand in the IS-ABOUT and 
similar relationships with real world referents - in other words, EHR 
information items.

My personal feeling is that in the next 2-5 years, we will finally see the 
joining up of these key ontologies with information models and archetypes in 
the clinical information space. It will be up to us in the openEHR community 
and other related communities (13606, CIMI, HL7 etc) to engage with this 
material and consider how this integration will be achieved. A few very early 
ideas are mentioned in the Archetype Technology Overview document, but of 
course this is just one narrow area of application.

We need to all get on the same page in terms of understanding and conceptual 
nomenclature in this space, and BFO2 I believe is an excellent foundation for 
that. We will be using it increasingly in the openEHR specification space, and 
I think others will find it useful as well.

- thomas


_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org






--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikard Lövström
Address: Sjölyckevägen 29, SE-511 63 Skene, Sweden
Phone: +46 320 14242
Mobile: +46 70 4951534
Fax: +46 31 7459402
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

Reply via email to