Dear Vebjørn,

1-AFAIK

Each documented item in the EHR is following the pattern: Question=Answer

Archetype/Template nodes define the Question.
The Data Element in the Archetype/Template defines the Answer.

Between the two organisations behind LOINC and SNOMED there is an agreement to
use LOINC for coding the question.
And use SNOMED to code the answer.
CIMI is using this convention.

This brings me to:
Question = Answer
use LOINC = use SNOMED

2-Local code sets versus International codes.
Interoperability (interpretability) demands that in the end we all use the same
Basic Models/standards in our Semantic stacks.
Always there will be reasons to create local codes/classifications for specific
purposes.
Interoperability (interpretability) demands that these local
codes/classifications need to be mapped to International models/standards.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620 34 70 88
‭+31 182 22 59 46‬
  gf...@luna.nl