I notice the versioning discussion.

Is see three different topics; (non-)Persistent, versioning and
synchronisation/consolidation.
I see no use of non-persistant flags.
I see two reasons for versioning.
Synchronisation,consolidation is too complex for now.

ERS systems document events.
Each documented event is equally important to document.
What is important now is not later. And vice versa.
Always a subjective opinion is documented by the author.

Persistent
Depending on circumstances an event is important or not.
In this context I fail to grasp the need to label certain events as persistent
and others not.
All documented events need to persist in EHR-systems.

Lists re-used data.
Some events warrant to be re-used in context dependent lists: Active
medication, Problem list, Previous diagnosis, etc.
Each context, HcProvider will need different lists for different purposes.
These lists are the result of documented events and persist.
Creating lists is an example of re-using data, because list content  is derived
from pre-existing events/data.
These lists are either changing are not-changing over time.

Versioning Lists
Lists can be updated as the result of new events in the patient system and
therefor need to be versioned.
These are non-technical new versions. They are the result because of changes in
the patient system

Versioning events
While documenting events and committing them to the data base sometimes event
data needs to be changed, updated, corrected.
The same event gets a new technical version, because nothing in the patient
system changed but the documentingHcProvider initiated the change.

Synchronisation, merging, syncing
This is a complex topic.
Is there an extensive list of examples and requirements?

Gerard

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl