Hi,

Since I missed the starting point of this thread, I may un-properly answer
; however I can say from the work we are doing that there is a great
difference between a system based on an ontology and a system based on free
text annotated by a coding system.

The fist one allows structured description (knowledge management field)
while the other remains in the field of classification (data management :
text index keeping and epidemiology).

Philippe

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org