Hi everyone,

As Thomas & al. pointed, security addresses "a number of aspects",
including security policy (defining who does what), data safety, and how
security is ensured: so, including safety of the network, the application
architecture -including management of messages: asynchronous/EHRcom/XML, or
synchronous/CorbaMed/IDL-, the programs, and the platform.
Great.

I agree with Gerard Freriks's considerations (legal, social control and
organisational aspects) but for now I only focus on the technical
specification.

For now, I will focus on far restricted objectives.
One of EHRcom's startpoints is ENV 13606-1999, and we all want to ensure
ascending compatibility.
ENV13606 messages (part  3 : "distribution rules") describe access policy
in terms of objects ("Who", "When", "Where",etc.) whose instanciations
define the allowed access context to message objects.

So, in the viewpoint of EHRcom release 1 in 2004,
* Will this (or such an) architecture be reused in EHRcom ?
* If no, will we have a tool to convert distribution rules into
corresponding archetypes ?
* If no, how is it planned to ensure ascending compatibility ?

Another basic, technical, concrete security point is: ensuring data
(transmission + authoring) integrity in the message.
One solution proposed by ENV13606 was: systematic digital signature of each
transaction.
Will EHRcom reuse this mechanism ?

One last point is: our deadline for a (definitive ? initial ?) specification.
In EHRcom specs, what can we define for now as a stable 2004 milestone ?

Maybe my questions are FAQs.
Thank you for your kind replies.

-- Patrick Lefebvre

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org