Hi,

I had problems wth my membership with the list for a while so I could not
catch up with recent stuff but during this time I had some time to examine
openEHR documents posted on the website. As a person who had previously been
involved with bioinformatics and especially human genomic databases, some
part in my mind still reminds me of the fact that one day all these
information shall be integrated. Also personally, I believe the approach
taken in openEHR shall form the baseline for future of EHR systems. So I
would like this issue to be considered during these discussions. Enough of
good wishes, here is my question:

Is there a specific way to represent genomic data of a patient (Either
Nucleic Acid sequences or protein sequences) in the Reference Models or is
the general purpose text data type is thought to be the solution? I think it
could be wise to create a new class with its own attributes, methods and
constraints right into the RM because with this speed of biologic evolution
I don't think the genetic code and concepts are going to change for a couple
million years!

Best regards,

Koray Atalag

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org