Dear Thomas,

I favor the episode being a single point of audit (regardless of the timeframes
at which an episode starts and stops).  So all encounters and non-encounter
events would indeed be part of an episode of care.  This brings continuity to
the notion of an episode of care.  Episodes allow the summarization of the care
which has occurred during the episode and there should be a provision in the
OpenEHR architecture to affix this information to the Episode for further
reference.

Warm regards,

Peter

Peter L. Elkin, MD

Professor of Medicine

Director, Laboratory of Biomedical Informatics

Department of Internal Medicine

Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine

Mayo Clinic, Rochester

(507) 284-1551