Jim

Patients often report that they have diabetes and clinicians usually believe
them. Infact it would be negligent not to without good reason. So we are used
doing that. Entering the problem in their problem list is something that
increases the scope of the information.

We have added diagnostic criteria to diagnosis - so we might be able to keep
track of these in future.

In the non communicating health world we and Jim are used to the scenario is
more problematic. The future (and openEHR) will hopefully remove the need to
enter data in multiple ways.

Specifically - openEHR can attribute the composition, the entry and the
addition
to the problem list. We believe this is sufficient. A patient reporting
diabetes
would not be entered as a diagnosis unless the clinician judged this to be the
case. Recording that a patient said it is possible as free text, or as the
answer to a question as I have stated earlier.

Cheers, Sam

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org