Op woensdag 27 april 2005 00:31, schreef Gerard Freriks:
> Disasters or not.
> This is not what I ment.
>
> In real life we buy a loaf of bread without a full identication.
> In real life I get healthcare without the need for the care providers
> to know my name.
> And when I pay in cash they don't need my bank account number.

I agree, it is not the function of an information system to make a true
identity mandatory, it should give other means to identify people unique.
It must also give the opportunity for people to identify themselve always as
unique, so there can not be a link between caretakings, if people do not want
that in an special situation.

It is the law which must decide in howfar an identity should be true, not the
information system. We are talking about an information system/standard which
has the intention of being worldwide useable, so it must be prepared for all
kind of situations.

When you say that an information system must follow a local law, you cannot
use it worldwide, and you can get in trouble when the law changes.

So you have to be very careful with the word "mandatory" in class-properties
of Identity-related classes, before you know you are writing/implementing
localised law/culture, instead of an information system with worldwide
pretentions.

Bert

--
Met vriendelijke groet