Dear openEHR-technical:

Please consider the call below (first call for abstracts, call for
papers will come some time in April) for HICSS-39.  The IT in Health
Care track at HICSS (see http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/HICSS39/fitcfp.htm)
has this 'Consumer Health Informatics, Patient Safety and Quality of
Practice' minitrack which I run, and there's also a 'Data and Knowledge
Management in Health Care' minitrack.  I'd like to see more detailed
work concerning EHR content getting out to the literature.  HICSS is
well-indexed through IEEE.  If there's an applied consumer or safety
focus (including guideline and protocol adherence), it should fit my
minitrack; or more technical contributions may fit the other.  (And of
course, I assume you may be doing other things than openEHR per se.)  At
any rate, the Abstracts phase is aimed at allowing me to give advice on
specific paper proposals regarding fit and how to develop the full
paper.

Cheers,
Jim Warren
University of South Australia

Thirty-Ninth Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences
(HICSS-39)
Minitrack in Consumer Health Informatics, Patient Safety and Quality of
Practice Information Technology in Health Care Track

January 4-7, 2006
Hyatt Regency
Kauai, Hawaii

Co-Chairs: Jim Warren, Gordana Culjak and Cynthia LeRouge

Healthcare information systems are expected to help reduce medical
errors, improve quality of patient care, facilitate accessibility to
care, and enhance patient safety.  Toward this end, healthcare
information systems are increasingly supporting evidence-based medicine
and patient-centric technologies, including improved monitoring of
patient outcomes and adverse events, as well as efforts to better inform
and empower healthcare consumers themselves to work for better outcomes.

Submissions are welcome concerning all aspects of consumer health
informatics and consumer-centric technologies or studies aimed at
improving patient safety and quality of care, including:
-       Supporting consumers taking an active role in understanding,
deciding about and/or managing their health;
-       Doctor-patient communication;
-       Clinical guideline and protocol support;
-       Monitoring and prevention of adverse events; and
-       Electronic health records - especially, security and privacy,
access control rights, and consumer ability to make entries into the
health record (including home monitoring)

At this time we invite submission of 300 word abstracts of proposed
manuscripts for subsequent review.  We are also interested in any
expressions of interest to serve as paper reviewers for the minitrack.

Key Dates:
15 April 2005 (optional) - Authors submit abstracts to the minitrack
chairs (email or fax) for feedback on appropriateness and direction on
development of full manuscript.

15 June 2005 - Authors submit papers in publication format, using the
Peer Review System's file submission site, according to the instructions
to be posted on the HICSS web site (see http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/).

15 August 2005 - Acceptance/Rejection decision to authors.

15 September 2005 - Final papers due to Peer Review System.

For more information, contact:

Prof Jim Warren
Advanced Computing Research Centre
University of South Australia