Rodrigo Filgueira wrote:
> Thomas in option 2 I meant the reference model serves as a stable
> schema and container of the real data, but correct me if I'm wrong,
> this schema is instantiated with data with the only purpose of
> fetching it from databases and persisting it to databases. All other
> processing is to be done by the AOM.
Hi Rodrigo,
validity processing and some query processing is, correct. But don't
forget that the RM has its own semantics as well - it depends on what
you are doing. If you are graphing a blood pressure History then you
will of course use some of the logic of History, Event etc. Similarly
for Instruction/Activity and so on.

But it is the archetypes that provide 80% of the domain-level semantic
checking.

CTO Ocean Informatics (http://www.OceanInformatics.biz)
Research Fellow, University College London (http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Chair Architectural Review Board, openEHR (http://www.openEHR.org)