In een bericht met de datum 14-9-2006 20:33:51 West-Europa (zomertijd),
schrijft Thomas.Beale at OceanInformatics.biz:

> Hi William,
>
> Since I am not 100% sure of the details of what you want to do, I won't
> make any claims yet, but it seems to me that the archetype "description"
> section (i.e. the meta-data in an archetype) is the place where you can
> reference online and other resources (e.g. guidelines, medline content)
> used to build or otherwise related to the archetype. See here for this
> information being displayed in an archetype (it happens that in this
> archetype the "resources" fields are empty, but they are there) -
> http://svn.openehr.org/ref_impl_eiffel/TRUNK/apps/doc/images/description_1.pn
> . The meta-data design is based on CEN and CDA meta-data specifications.
>
> Looking at the latest version of the Archetype Editor, it seems that the
> resources fields cannot be edited directly yet - this functionality
> needs to be added. Would this address the need in this area?
>
> As for the "goal of an instrument" - I am not sure what you mean - can
> you explain a bit further?
>
> - thomas

I know Thomas that we are almost getting there:

It needs indeed to be editable at least when entering the first version and
then updatable with versions.

The goal or purpose is the reason why a clinician would use the data,
instrument, observation in first place: clinical knowledge. E.g. apgar score
must be
measured after birth of a baby 1 min, 5 min, 10 min. It is often very obvious,
but the more we move into detailed clinical area's the less obvisous is gets
and such functionality allows to trace back the clinical knowledge.

One upcoming project will be to set up the real specified criteria for
defining the background knowledge of what in next stepp will become an
archetype /
synonym.

I have spoken with Sam, Heath and Sebastian Garde on how we can do this.

Just give us the time to manage it (requirements).

Thanks,

William