From: openehr-technical-boun...@openehr.org
[mailto:openehr-technical-bounces at openehr.org] On Behalf Of Greg Caulton
Sent: den 18 oktober 2007 21:15
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: software development & starting out

Hi,

As someone who is an OpenEHR novice can you give me any tips - there
is so much information on the website it is difficult to know where to
start.

While I have yet to understand the full potential of the framework, I
would like to start with something simple.

Suppose a surgeon signs onto my system and wishes to create a new
progress note.  On paper he may have written (swapping out the <>)

____________________
<age, sex> with <ESLD> admitted with <dehydration>

Received <n> ml/kg of volume resuscitation last night.  Went to OR for
<CVL> placement, transferred to ICU for management after OR.

a)  Send <bacterial infection> <if stooling>
b)  <Re|start> <med> for wound infection
c)  Check weights
d) etc.
_____________________

How does OpenEHR come into play with this action -

Should provide lookups or force sentence structure?
Should it be used to define and store the content into discrete data?
What data source or service would my code interact with?

I guess I have many questions, and I apologize in advance if I miss
some concepts.

thanks!

Greg

Boston, MA