Dear Thilo,

When using tools based on a model.
when systems based on an other model,
are capable to define what gets stored, retrieved, presented and
exchanged without writing code, software or concerting databases,
then I call this MDA, MDD for quite some time.

In openEHR ones can see what others are dreaming of.

Gerard

On 11, Apr, 2008, at 23:15 , Thilo Schuler wrote:

> Hi all, just wanna share this:
>
> For many of you this might not be something new, but today I
> consciously noticed to many analogies between the Model Driven
> Architecture (MDA) or Model Driven Development (MDD)  including the
> trendy Domain Specific Languages (DSL) with openEHR's two model
> approach (see attached png from
> http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/doc?omg/03-06-01.pdf ) Obviously the
> reasons are partly different (plattform independant code vs semantic
> interoperability - although the openEHR RM can also be implemented on
> all plattforms) but especially DSLs try to abstract domain models from
> technical domain.
>
> PIM Metamodel  => AOM (while ADL ist a textual DSL for it!)
> PIM => Archetypes and Templates
> PSM Metamodel => openEHR Reference Model
> PSM => Reference model instances.
>
> Cheers, Thilo

-- <private> --
Gerard Freriks, MD
Huigsloterdijk 378
2158 LR Buitenkaag
The Netherlands

T: +31 252544896
M: +31 620347088
E:     gfrer at luna.nl

temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov
1755