Gerard Freriks wrote:
> The crux might be in the text in red.
>
> Everything can be made to work.
> A floating boat made out of match stick. Yes it is possible,
Gee they'll be making boats & bridges out of iron & steel next.

> but not the bet engineering choice.
> Perhaps XML is not the best choice in all circumstances.

It is the whitworth screw thread of IT.

> What about ASN.1 isn't that a good alternative?
> How about the tools?
> Not as ubiquitous as those for XML.

It is the difference between artisan & industrial.

You can make your own bolts & your own nuts or you can go down a shop &
buy a standard bolts & standard nuts where each may come from different
manufacturers on different continents & yet the nut will fit the bolt.

Adam

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail