Hi!

Using the wiki as first entry for the publications is great for speed
and update/correction capabilities.

- - - The stuff below is a non urgent suggestion for people interested
in long term persistence
       of openEHR-related publications, others could stop reading here... - - -

For real long time storage and permanent links (possibly having longer
life than a wiki or CMS installation) I'd suggest that we _also_
sooner or later add the publications (papers, phd thesis etc) to a
nomal web server directory as done before. Doing this is a bit tedious
and requires special permissions, so the poor soul (webmaster) that
would need to do this now and then probably would prefer doing batch
uploads.

Now the resources directory is divided into topics, having paths such
as http://www.openehr.org/publications/workflow/Eric_Browne_WF_thesis_2005.pdf

If we have the wiki for navigation and context, then maybe a
time-indexed web directory would be easier to maintain, such as
http://www.openehr.org/publications/2008/ (and make directory listings
allowed on those parts of the server, to make life easier for search
robots and url-hacking people).

To make it easier to know what to upload where, one could set up a
wiki page per publication year and ask authors (and other helpful
people) to add a link to already wiki-uploaded papers (e.g. the
specific MIE2008 page file attachment). The webmaster could then go
through those pages and do the uploads now and then (and move uploaded
document pointers from a "To upload" subheading to a "Uploaded"
heading on that page).

Best regards,
Erik Sundvall
erisu at imt.liu.se http://www.imt.liu.se/~erisu/ Tel: +46-13-227579