Greetings

How, specifically, can we help you. We maintain an open copy of our
distribution so you can look to see how privacy is maintained. Security and
privacy are not the same. What sort of project are you doing?

I hope we can help you..

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Kudakwashe Dube <kd.open.ehcr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm just beginning a research project on
> security/privacy/confidentiality in EHRs. I will greatly appreciate any
> pointers to any material on this topic, especially with respect to
> openEHR.
>
> I've just noted that in the US, HIPAA is driving
> security/privacy/confidentiality implementations in existing EHR systems
> and it seems its is turning out to be a policy/framework-level security
> standard for EHRs in the US that does not prescribe implementation
> issues. I am not sure whether or not EHR standards that incorporate
> HIPAA compliance have emerged yet.
>
> In the EU region, the situation seems different in the absence of
> HIPAA-type punitive legislation for enforcing healthcare information
> security and privacy. A number of EHR standards generally incorporate
> security and privacy considerations. I am not sure whether there are any
> security and privacy compliance requirements spec standards and
> implementation (incl. openEHR) in the EU region. I will appreciate any
> pointer to material in this regard.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Regards
> ----
> Kuda

Irving J. Buchbinder, DPM, DABPS
Director, FreeMED Software Foundation, INC
-=Technology advances. People stay the same=-
Leigh Rubin
skype at irvbuchbinder

*** E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY ***
This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary material for Any review
or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact info at freemedsoftware.com and delete all
copies.