Hi Adam

We have made a lot of progress and hope to have a range of widgets out
there soon. We have been using a generic c# expression which can build
web or windows forms. Lisa and others have ideas about XForms but there
is work to do to get the extensions required.

We have stayed away from data types for the different forms of formated
text and use the Multimedia for that. If you want to mix text and coding
then the Paragraph is probably what you want. Rich text, HTML, xHTML,
PDF - there are lots to deal with and really many are quite temporary in
a longitudinal health record.

We have been working with the Microsoft CUI widgets and have a widget
for looking up terminology that provides a DV_TEXT widget. Needs more
work to get mapping (classification going as well). We have the
terminology lookup working quite well from the web now - this is a Java
script standard and we hope that might be out there soon for everyone to
have a go at. I am sure Shahed Khan (shahed.khan at oceaninformatics.com)
will be happy to discuss this one with you.

More on XML below....the technical people will probably need to give
further information...

Adam Flinton wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am still mulling over how to validate openEhr messages (wrt testing) &
> how to create Xforms etc.
>
> 3 separate questions....
>

> A) I noticed this:
>
> http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/dev/Data+type+widgets
>
> Has any progress been made?
>

> B) Is there a datatype for rich text (e.g. XHTML (possibly CData'ed))?
>

> C) Assuming a starting point of XML....what are the current ideas wrt
> representing datatypes etc in a form which can be useful in a XForms
> environment (e.g. datatypes as W3C schema objects, or as schematron
> rules or...etc).
>

> E.g. assume 2 use cases:
>
> A) An XML message containing OpenEHR structures/information - now I need
> to validate that everything is OK including the datatypes

There are two ways at present in most environments - load the XML into
memory and use the kernel to validate against the archetype(s) and
template(s). If you want to work in XML, then create the Template data
schema (which has all the constraints expressed - including lists, value
bounds, patterns etc) and populate a Template data document and validate
it against the schema. This can then be loaded into the repository (as
it is a simple transpose to full openEHR). I think the team feel that
this is the way to go with XForms.