On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:32:21 +0100
Roger Erens <roger.erens at e-s-c.biz> wrote:

> Hi Shinji,
>
> >> What is 'virtual time flow'?
> >
> > In this scenario, it takes more than three month or year in real time.
> > It is not efficient. In this connectathon, I have assumed participants
> > exchange records that have ranged time, more than three month, within
> > some minutes
> > For example,
> > ? ?Real time ? ? ? ? record ? ? ? recorded time
> > i) ?09:00 ? ? ? ? ? ? Event1 ? ? ? 2008-11-22T10:15:43Z
> > ii) 09:01 ? ? ? ? ? ? Event2 ? ? ? 2008-12-11T09:22:10Z
> Aha. I assumed that a health application would determine the 'recorded
> time' directly based on the 'Real time' (workstation's system clock).
> Here you seem to 'fabricate' a recorded time.

Do you use only real data in any test phases?

> >> There seems to be no reason for this, if we don't have to keep our
> >> workstations in synch.

> >> So you change the datetime on your workstation independently of the
> >> other workstations, right?
> >
> > I cannot understand what you meant in 'independently'.
> > For some authentication procedure, we need to sync date tome on our
> > workstation. So wee need 0).
> > I think the time in record, when the event happened, does not depend on
> > the clock of the workstation.
> But the time the event was recorded does, see my assumption above.

Do you mean 'my workstation change intrinsic clock to other datetime
than the other wokrstation' or 'my workstation record the data with its
own timestamp'?
Sorry, I could not understand.

> > Because data exchange is not always simultaneous and data record does
> > not progress just on time.

> >> Before? That's to test the whole setup before the connect-a-thon, right?
> > Connectathon is intersystem integration test. Data generation should be
> > tested before connectathon as unit test.
> Ah, OK. I was almost led to believe that, during the connect-a-thon,
> you wanted to exchange records that were fabricated before the
> connect-a-thon :-\

I am sorry but we cannot use fully real data in test.

--
KOBAYASHI, Shinji <skoba at moss.gr.jp>