Hi Pablo

The resulting state of the activity (even if there is no instruction) needs
to be recorded for information to work in a distributed environment. When
you record an action the computer needs to know whether it is complete or
not in relation to any instruction (recorded or not). If you are simply
recording information you can put the state (which is the only mandatory
feature of the IM_TRANSITION) to Completed (openEHR code). As you move into
an EHR that is supporting workflow or is distributed you will see that a
medication administration will usually leave the instruction in an active
state (unless it is a single administration or the last dose).

It enables recording of things like "Medications ceased in hospital" and the
state of these medication actions will be 'aborted' or 'completed'. You can
also suspend something etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Sam