On 08/12/2010 14:32, Ian McNicoll wrote:
> Hi Koray,
>
> I agree with Thomas here, Koray, but I take your point about the
> separation into a further layer represents added potential development
> complexity.

well... software engineering history would say otherwise. Where a
concept is needed you have two choices:

    * A) mix it in with the languages & architectural layers you already
      have
    * B) create a dedicated layer or component type, and possibly
      dedicated formalism if needed

A) represents the history of large scale systems built in the 60s, 70s
and 80s - unmaintainable spaghetti. B), if done right is always better.

>   I think we should expect tools to handle this in the same
> way that a complex development environment like Visual Studio handles
> various layers of application 'code' and resources within a seamless
> environment. You should not have to think about these separate layers
> during development.

exactly