David,

this document
<http://www.openehr.org/svn/specification/TRUNK/publishing/architecture/am/knowledge_id_system.pdf>talks

more about this topic. In my view the data should record both the
template id, and the template at-code, i.e. at0001.1 or whatever. Note
that querying will normally be driven off archetypes, so in reality what
is like to happen is that the data will carry a code like at0001.3.2
from some template, whose parent is an archetype having at0001.3 as the
code on the same node; the AQL query would be constructed using the
at0001.3, and will pick up any at0001.3.2, at0001.3.3, at0001.3.0.1 etc
from any number of conforming templates - exactly the intended effect of
the query.

- thomas

On 19/11/2010 12:07, David Moner wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a doubt about templates defined as an archetype specialization.
> The updated specs say that templates are just a further specialized
> archetype. So, any change made at that level (remove or define
> mandatory nodes, slot filling, etc.) also means a new level at the
> node identifier. For example, if I have a node with "at0001" and I
> constraint something of it at the template level, we should generate a
> new "at0001.1" for that node.
>
> The question is, data instances that will be generated should use the
> clinical archetype node id (at0001) or the template node id (at0001.1)
> as archetype identifier? Or phrased differently, for the second case,
> if I communicate the instance, should I also share the template
> definition to better describe it or would be enough by sharing only
> the clinical archetype?
>
> David
*
*