The concept (DCM) is the same, but the implementation in different
standards will differ, as two different standards will never have the
same way of representing the same concept. As DCM should be even
broader than archetypes and templates, generating them from the DCM
should not be dangerous at all: all the information that can be stored
in a standard is included. If something vital is being left out then
it means that the standard can not represent all the domain
constraints and another standard should be chosen. Take epSOS as an
example: HL7 CDA can not define correctly the active ingredients of a
medication in the way decided by the clinicians. The proposed solution
was to modify CDA schema to include the structure needed, creating a
new epSOS-CDA standard incompatible with current normative CDA. Next
epSOS will be supposedly based on a newer CDA version that should
support those things. The dangers for the patient are not on the well
defined concepts but in the standards without the ability to represent
all critical constraints