Just to clarify some more, my contention is that you cannot
look inside a arbitrary URI to pick out values without
looking at the formal 'scheme' dependent spec.

So in the case of a 'http' URI, we can read the spec and know
what the bits mean - _for the purposes of fetching data
from web servers using HTTP_. I can't imagine how that
is possibly what is intended by putting a URI into an
archetype - we can't seriously be suggesting that everyone
who uses the archetype is all going to be descending on
some poor webserver named in the URL and fetching data
in some arbitrary format?

So if you want a URI scheme that has identifiable bits
for snomed queries etc, someone needs to specify a

urn:snomed:xxxx,yyyy,zzzz

spec. If not, all you can do is compare URI's for equality
and assume there is some external mechanism for saying
what the URI actually means.

Andrew