Leonardo Moretti wrote:

> I have clear how to use terminology_id and code for DV_CODED_TEXT,
> but here
> I'm wondering if I can use the ordinal (integer) value as coded
> value in a
> DV_ORDINAL, like in this example (note: <code_string>5</code_string>):
>      <terminology_id>
>        <value>local</value>
>      </terminology_id>
>      <code_string>5</code_string>

No, Leonardo, you can't do that. The ordinal's value and the code
string are different things. The code string must be a member of the
terminology. In your example, the terminology is "local", which means
that it's an at-code.

Imagine that the coded text used a different terminology. Imagine that
this terminology had codes like "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", etc. If this
was your terminology, then of course your code string could be "5".

- Peter