Some people I work with ask for this feature, I find it hard to explain
why this should not be done.

Can you compare it with Stored Procedures in database-applications which
have the risk of bringing software-logic (f.e. from business-tier) to
the database-tier, and there for often is regarded as bad design because
requirements/concepts get mixed up?
Although from performance point of view, stored procedures are often the
best performing modules in an application.

Anyway, most RDB's support stored procedures. Why would that be? I hope
not to encourage bad design?

Am I coming close to understanding of your criticism?

Bert