Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:49:01 +0100
Subject: Re: openEHR Transition: two procedural and one licensing question
From: ian.mcnic...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org

Hi Diego,

I understand from Sebastian that you have been exploring the current CKM web
services.  Do you think these might form the basis for an open repository API
or do you have any other comments or alternative suggestions?

Ian

On Monday, 5 September 2011, Sam Heard <sam.heard at oceaninformatics.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Diego
>
> [Sam Heard]  This would be a step forward and would allow for slim and fat

> systems to offer the same basic calls.
>
>> > My suggestion is for the this point
>> "Begin an open source software project for tools, web-based if
>> possible, to author archetypes, templates and terminology reference

>> sets directly interacting with the Clinical Knowledge Manager and
>> equivalent repository and review tools"
>>
>> I agree with the first part (create web-based open source tools), but

>> I think that the second part should be clarified. We should define a
>> basic API to access repositories, to avoid doing ad-hoc
>> implementations for each one of the possible repositories

Dr Ian McNicoll
office +44 (0)1536 414 994
fax +44 (0)1536 516317
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com

Clinical Modelling Consultant, Ocean Informatics, UK
openEHR Clinical Knowledge Editor www.openehr.org/knowledge
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL

BCS Primary Health Care  www.phcsg.org