Seref Arikan wrote:

> ...  Unfortunately, most modern
> software development technologies arrive with their own runtimes,
> (.net framework, jre etc) and it quickly becomes a nightmare to deploy
> and update software.

I'm not aware of any such deployment problems with .NET. I'm sure
there must be some, somewhere, but they must be edge cases. In ten
years of .NET development I haven't bumped into them. Different
versions of .NET sit side-by-side on the same machine just fine; ditto
for DLLs targeted towards different .NET versions. My daily work
involves a .NET 4.0 application that has dependencies on a lot of .NET
2.0 DLLs; it just works seamlessly.

- Peter