Hi Pablo,

Comments in line....

Sent from my phone

On 01/08/2012, at 15:39, pablo pazos <pazospablo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> I'm reviving this thread :D
>
> I'm working on a project and we need to define a simple state machine, this
> is the way I think it should be done and it would be very nice to have you
> comments about this:

The idea is that the 'computational' state machine is defined in the RM -
initial, active, etc. you are defining the clinically relevant steps, linked to
this underlying state machine. These are archetyped.

> The idea is to record physical activity recomended by a clinician.
>
> There is one INSTRUCTION (the recommendation) with many ACTIVITIES (each one
> a recommended sport or activity).
> We have 4 states: INITIAL, SCHEDULED, ACTIVE and COMPLETED.
> And there are 2 ACTIONS, one to record the scheduling of the activity and
> other to record the initiation and end of the activity. (Let's say these are
> SCHED_ACTION and INIT_END_ACTION).
>
> When a recommendation is created (INSTRUCTION and ACITIVITIES), the current
> state is INITIAL (that should be saved on the repository that you mentioned
> in your email).

The action will be to 'prescribe' the exercise or plan it - something the
clinician will understand. The state will be initial.

> Now we need to model the state machine: INITIAL --(schedule)--> SCHEDULED
> --(start)--> ACTIVE --(finish)--> COMPLETED.

The ACTION to schedule will have the state Scheduled, to undertake the exercise
with state Active and then an Action to record completing the exercise with
state Completed.

> So, we create a ISM_TRANSITION on the SCHED_ACTION with current_state =
> INITIAL and careflow_step = schedule.

State = Scheduled

> And in the INIT_END_ACTION we have 2 ISM_TRANSITIONs with curr_state =
> SHCEDULED and careflow_step = start,

The state is Active , the crr_state is the state after the transition.

> and the other, curr_state = ACTIVE and careflow_step = finish.

Completed

> The third part should be to provide the entry point to execute that ISM, so
> we set the SCHED_ACTION.archetypeId to each ACTIVITY.action_archetype_id, so
> when the INSTRUCTION is on INITIAL, only a SCHED_ACTION could be executed.
>
> And, on any ACTION execution, we update the repository with the action
> executed and the new state (and we keep all the actions and transitions taken
> so we can reproduce the process later).

This is correct....linking with EHR path or WorkflowID - which allows linking
other ENTRYs as well.

> What do you think? That's the right way to do it?

Hope that helps - Sistine might give a little more guidance.

Cheers Sam