Hi All

The openEHR specification is clear about the notion of update/versioning
of a composition or creating a new event. The idea of a persistent
composition is useful for information where new data ALWAYS makes
previous data redundant not incorrect at the time (such as a medication
list in a shared health record). This is useful for allergies and other
lists which have to be maintained.

An event composition will relate to information at a particular time
which may be collected again but does not replace the previous
information. This is usually the case for most recordings. A new version
of this composition will invalidate the previous version (as key data
was missing or incorrect).

Cheers, Sam