From: openehr-technical-bounces at openehr.org
[mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@openehr.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Beale
Sent: 12 February 2012 13:01
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: Re: Meaningful Use and Beyond - O'Reilly press - errata

It would be interesting to see what US-based list members think of what Michael
has quoted below. Is openEHR really seen as 'controversial' in the US?
(Controversy can be good - at least it means debate).

The quote below about David Uhlman being CTO of openEHR in 2001 is certainly
incorrect - I imagine it is supposed to read 'OpenEMR', going by what I see
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearHealth> in Wikipedia (in any case,
openEHR has never had a 'CTO' position). That's a surprisingly bad fault in
O'Reilly editing; worse, the author page for David
Uhlman<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/4766> on the O'Reilly website repeats
the same error. This
review<http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020110.do#PowerReview> on the
same website seems to confirm a complete lack of review or editing of the
original manuscript. O'Reilly obviously is missing basic mechanisms for quality
control.

But the more interesting question is: are the opinions in this book about
openEHR representative of a US view?

- thomas