Bert,

I just did a new install on an up-to-date Ubuntu installation (Dell
laptop, very standard) and it ran out of the box, no problems. (The
docking arrangement of the windows is a bit weird, but can be manually
adjusted, and the tool remembers the last state over sessions).

The exception is on reading an image file but it looks as if they are
all there. I can't remember what happens if you have no GTK+ installed,
but I don't think it's this error; might be worth checking anyway.

My suggestions in order would be (as a prior action, maybe do a git
clone of https://github.com/openEHR/adl-archetypes.git somewhere
convenient - that will give you some test & CKM archetypes):

  * rm -rf the install directory and rerun the tar xjvf command, just to
    be sure that it completes properly; retry
  * if no luck, check if there is some strange permissions on the
    install directories or subdirectories that would prevent file reading.
  * if no luck, try on another linux machine

We are working on bundling all the icons into the app, but we have not
done it yet, hence all those little files.

If none of the above works, can you raise an issue on the PR tracker
<http://www.openehr.org/issues/browse/AWB>?

thanks

- thomas