On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:49 AM, Thomas Beale <
thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com> wrote:

> I would recommend a 2 or 3 pass validator. It's tempting to try to do
> everything in one pass, and it may be more efficient, but it's much harder
> to get the logic right.
>

> Precisely.  This is why I said before that it is an implementation level
issue.  Especially in openEHR or anywhere that you are using a DSL and
there are not a existing tools to choose from that have been tested across
thousands of use cases.

The implementation programming language, operating system and platform will
have an impact on your decisions about allowed recursion depth.  Take a
look at a Google search for "patterns for data validation".

Timothy Cook
MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org