I have started an ADL 1.4 migration roadmap page
<http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/ADL/ADL+1.4+Migration+Roadmap>.
This currently consists of a list of all changes made from 1.4 => 2.0
(as it now is), with an idea of which retrospective interim version
(i.e. 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 etc) the change could go in. Although this isn't the
way things are normally done, there is one major advantage: the way
things are working now in ADL/AOM 2 are pretty good and have been
re-engineered a few times over the ADL '1.5' journey. Putting the final
version into these retrospective releases should mean a smoother ride
from 1.4.

Who does this affect? Firstly, everyone with 1.4-based tools, openEHR
implementations and AQL queries. Secondly, the ISO 13606 revision
process - these interim versions are likely to be the best roadmap to
new versions of AOM in ISO 13606, if that revision proceeds.

The initial work I have done is to try to include a row for each ADL/AOM
2 change, and assign an interim version like '1.5', '1.6' etc to it. I
made some suggestions as to what the interim releases could be:

  * 1.5 - quick wins
  * 1.6  - tuples; remove openEHR special C_DV_QUANTITY etc types
  * 1.7 - differential archetypes and templates

But these are there to be broken.

I have also included some impact headings on the right side of the table.

All of this needs the relevant members of the community to look at it; I
won't be spending much time on it personally, other than to help people
understand the technical side of ADL/AOM 2 and what effects it has on
specific things.

Hopefully this is a useful starting point.