On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 08:52:28AM +0000, Koray Atalag wrote:

> Another point is, although I haven't been practicing
> Medicine for too long now, I know the links between problems
> vs goals vs actions do not play nicely at all times - indeed
> for most of the time. They can be subjective and quite error
> prone. Therefore I don't think 'natural order' (as in DMBS)
> of an EHR cannot be of POMR type - it has to follow real
> life: randomness and episodicity.

Problem orientation is -- of course -- a best-effort approach.

An EHR which "forces" problem orientation facilitates good
care by making clinicians think about what things really
mean.

What is meant by "randomness" ?

"Episodicity" does not at all run counter to problem orientation.

Karsten Hilbert
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346