Note that in AOM 1.5 (to be renamed AOM2) spec
<http://www.openehr.org/releases/trunk/architecture/am/aom1.5.pdf>, the
idea of fixed string 'ids' is gone. Multi-part ids are now generated
functionally. See Fig 8

Right now, the functions interface_id and physical_id are defined a
certain way, and they do include the 'v'. But other functions can be added.

The only place I can think of where the full string id really matters is
in ADL syntax. In all other syntax, it's in pieces. E.g. this is the
JSON output from the current AWB for a flat archetype serialisation:

I don't personally think it matters about having the 'v'. Although I
fully agree that the anglo-centric nature of the internet (domain names,
etc et) and IT in general (UML models are mostly published only in latin
alphabet languages, and mostly english in multi-national orgs and
standards orgs) is in one sense unfair, it's also a) there and b) useful
in solving what could otherwise be protracted and useless debates on
minutiae.

The main reason to keep it is for backward compatibility in ADL texts;
we could certainly define an 'id' function without it.

- thomas