On 05-09-14 19:06, pablo pazos wrote:
> Hi! Thanks for your answers.
>
> It is a little tricky but from Thomas comments, I think that the
> "system" is not a technical term, but is more related to an
> organizational term. For example, if I use the same system / service
> to hold EHRs from 2 different hospitals, I really have 2 system ids
> instead of one. So the system_id doesn't depend on the technical
> architecture, but depends on how the business is organized. Is that
> correct?

I must admit, that this is confusing to me too.
And I have some more confusing.

That is the ID of a VERSION, which is:
Unique identifier of this version, containing  owner_id,
creating_system_id and version_tree_id.

So, if you don't know the creating_system_id of a specific version, you
are not able to find it.
And can there be more same-versions of the same dataset with the same ID
but on different environments?
It would be branching, wouldn't it?
That would be the right solution, the same as with sourcecode, if two
people work on the same checkout they need to go branching.

So I put the Kernel_ID (which is in the config file) in the
creating_system_id, so it stays the same, even if it is clustered, or
moved to another machine.

I can understand if there is a client systemId in the Contribution, or
in the Audit, but it seems, there isn't.
You want to know who put the data there, you want to know when it
happened, so, why should not you want to know where it happened?
I therefor understood the System_id as the machine where the commit
happened, maybe a cell-phone, maybe a device, whatever.

Bert