From: openEHR-technical [mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Beale
Sent: den 21 september 2014 10:55
To: For openEHR technical discussions
Subject: Re: [openEHR-announce] roadmap 2014 meeting streaming

Hi Bert,

DIPS, who provided the meeting venue and catering had to change the location a
few days earlier to one outside of their offices, in a town called Lillestrom,
near Oslo. So we were in a culture centre with its own wifi etc, not under DIPS
control, and the best we could manage collectively was using their office Lync
from one of their computers. We also had no real control over mics and sound.
We didn't do Skype because we wanted video as well.

In the future we will need to use something that works universally, and be more
prepared. Two suggestions I had from people were:

Roger Erens: Ericom Cloud Internet Explorer for Chrome could be of use on Mac
or Linux.

Jussara: vydio app

I don't know much about this technology, so if someone has a proposal for the
next meeting, let us know. My preference for how it should work is how HL7
Brazil does its online courses - they use some Adobe platform, and broadcast is
voice + slides and/or webcam, moderators have voice and video, and the main
audience asks questions and comments via a chat panel. It's all integrated.
This costs money obviously, but functionally I think it's very good.

Anyway, we're doing our best to get all the outcomes documented, and we may yet
get the recorded files up online.

- thomas