From: ricardo.jc.corr...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:04:47 +0000
Subject: Re: UITemplates for openEHR / towards generic UI definition and
automatic generation
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org; openehr-implementers at
lists.openehr.org

Great work Pablo.

A ter, 30/12/2014, 03:23, pablo pazos <pazospablo at hotmail.com> escreveu:

Hi all,
As some might know I did some work around openEHR and UI generation for medical
records in the EHRGen app. Last year we finished a project at Facultad de
Ingenier?a (http://www.fing.edu.uy/) to improve the solution provided by EHRGen
to generate UI forms. The solution was a very rudimentary XML UI definition and
a generator just for web desktop (big screens). Now this solutions has been
improved a lot, defining a very generic, technology agnostic UITemplate model
with a lot of possible customizations, with an XML expression.
We have published a paper on this that was presented at INFOLAC2014
(http://infolac2014.org/), and I've the project's documentation. All of this is
in Spanish only, sorry :(
That project also involved the specification of mappings with specific
technologies and the creation of a UI generator. Feeding the generator with a
UITemplate in XML and a mapping file, generates UI artifacts that can be
integrated into openEHR EHR/EMR developments. With these mappings, we can
generate HTML5, XHTML, XAML (.Net) or SwiXML (Java Swing) user interfaces, and
with more extensions/mapping files, the generator can create virtually any UI
artifact (declarative UI). For example to generate HTML-based screens for
mobile devices or native mobile screens using a declarative syntax.
Then artifacts should be processed and rendered: HTML is processed by a web
browser, XAML y processed by Visual Studio to generate win forms or web forms,
SwiXML specifications are processed by http://www.swixml.org/, etc.
I'm working on an specification of the UITemplate model, and later I'll add the
XML serialization of the model (XSDs included). This will be in English.
For anyone interested on this topic, I kindly ask you to review this doc and
comment if you find any errors, not so clear descriptions, questions and maybe
UI requirements not contemplated by the model. All the feedback is very
welcome! (please consider this is work in progress)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BLpr5lVdSb86G3EIhplMNBaT34QgNqIGJdFRd5P4APM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

--
Kind regards,