On 13-02-16 18:13, Birger Haarbrandt wrote:
Even as a research associate or independent developer, its sometimes good to take a break from work :) I hope I didn't miss a point in your e-mail and hope that I understood corretly: when you store openEHR-data using XML technologies, you will have to use XML technologies to query that data. To my understanding, also Oracle will need xpath/xquery when you store XML data using the XML datatyped column. If you want to combine this data with other data that isn't based on XML, you will have to convert the external data to XML or mix query languages in the mentioned data bases.

I don't understand the point you make. The leafnodes in an archetype are always constraints on primitives, and XML can represent all types of primitives.

Everything that is not a leafnode is a structure, the structure is object oriented and easy to convert to XML, where the tag-names are the attribute-names, and the type-names are the typenames from the RM-XSD. The structure which is represented in XML is also easy to bring back to an object oriented structure.

It is just a notation, nothing else.

There are even standard java-classes (I thought in JAXB) which support this kind of things.

AQL is easy to convert to XQuery, but maybe I would prefer XQuery, and it is, for a non technical person possible to use a drag and drop interface which represents the archetypepaths.

I am missing your point, or better sad, we are not on the same track of understanding

Best regards
Bert

In short: It makes sense to not use the openEHR CDR for such queries but export it to something more suited for such purpose. This does not need to be a classical Data Warehouse (it has only limited use for the questions clinicians have) but certainly XML would not be my first choice for the analytics layer.

Birger

Von meinem iPad gesendet