Hello Eneimi

The Data Value entities hold information on which terminology a specific encoded term may be coming from to enforce further data validation.

What you describe in your question, involving FHIR, is what happens when you interact with a terminology server (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology_server).

openEHR itself does not specify the terminology server part (yet), which is what you would use if you wanted to lookup the codes that will then makeup your values.

The binding can be handled in a number of ways. You could create your own simple lookup service based on the raw datasets of ICD, READ, SNOMED, LOINC and others as it was done in OSHIP (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~higorpinto/oship/cr-ehr/view/head:/oship/src/oship/rxterms/createrxterms.py), use LexBIG (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2732233/) as it was done in opereffa (http://www.openehr.org/pt/news_events/releases.php?id=33) or CTS (http://clinfowiki.org/wiki/index.php/Common_Terminology_Services) as in the LinkEHR editor (http://linkehr.com/).

Hope this helps.

All the best
Athanasios Anastasiou
Lecturer in Health Data Science | Darlithydd mewn Gwyddoniaeth Data Iechyd

Data Science Building (First Floor) | Yr Adeilad Gwyddor Data (Llawr Cyntaf)
Swansea University Medical School | Ysgol Feddygaeth Prifysgol
Singleton Park | Parc Singleton
SWANSEA SA2 8PP | ABERTAWE SA2 8PP
Wales, United Kingdom | Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig

Phone | Ffôn +44 (0) 1792 60 6292
Email | Ebost a.anastas...@swansea.ac.uk