On 19/05/2016 18:19, William Goossen wrote:
It does include VERY much more than mg or number of tablets. I.a units like in insulin, drops like in a piper, percentage of working substances in herbs and MANY more.

Unfortunately you have to study it yourself 😩

right - that is what I assume. What I meant was: in that model, 'dose' means 'amount of active ingredient per delivery unit of manufactured medication'. I.e. '5mg Morphine' is tablets that have 5mg Morphine in them. But in clinical /use/, the term 'dose' or 'dosage' means what you give to the patient at any one time. That might be 10mg Morphine, i.e. two tablets. Having to record the total dose, and usually, the number of delivered physical units to achieve it is what complicates representation within the EHR.

The actual use of UCUM in ISO 11240 would be very interesting to see. Is there any visible online resource describing it?